Half way down Mill Street on the left as you go towards the Mill.
The owner of Bell Vue had a malthouse and vinery on the ground opposite his
house. The Malthouse was conveniently situated next to the river so that barley could be delivered directly
from the river. The house used to have a bell on it so that the workers could be called to meals.
In the mid 1800's it was occupied by Mr John Gambling, son of Horace Gambling.
John Gambling was a dealer in corn and coal and these were brought up to his wharf in his wherries.
This appears to be the site of the original
Dudwick Manor house.
It is thought to have been rebuilt in the seventeenth century and in Whites 1845 History of Norfolk
it is described as an ancient mansion with a well wooded lawn and good estate, belonging to John Wright,
the occupant, and formerly the seat of the family of Dudwick.
In 1842 the young John Wright made extensive alterations to the house.
There are pictures of the old house in 1935 before it was rebuilt by the Briscoes with
R.G.Carter as builder and Sir Guy Dauber as architect in 1938 after they inherited it from Ted Sewell.